Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 6-Glyfada Bound

The Temple of the Olympian Zeus...Taken From the Acropolis
After trying to compose myself for most of the morning after the Roofie Incident of 2010, we boarded the bus to go to the Temple of the Olympian Zeus.  There are only 15 columns left of the 104 original Corinthian columns that created this colossal temple.

Corinthian Column
Ruins are cool
Fallen Column                      




    
Our travels that day were going to be light ruins-wise, but museum-wise we had our work cut out for us because we were going to the National Museum of Athens!!  Sara was so excited she almost killed a guy.But first we had to stop for lunch, because that's Roula's style.  And she always knows the best places to go too! I digress.  The museum is huge! There is no way we had enough time to look at everything.



What? You want to see museum highlights? Fantastic!

The First Record of "The Brazilian" 


 My New Best Friend



What I Want To Be When I Grow Up

After our tour of the museum we boarded the bus and headed to our next destination in Greece, Glyfada.  What is supposedly a trendy, rich suburb of Athens.  Quite frankly, it was my least favorite place on the trip.  I will say however, that I did prefer the hotel simply because it was the only hotel that had a pool our entire trip and the outdoor bar with George the bartender was magical.

Tip: If you want a free shot from George, make-out at the bar.  Not with George, although I didn't try that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment