Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 20-Really Hotel Astor?!?

As you know we arrived back in Athens at 6am.  Had some breakfast.  Had a little meeting.  The rooms were supposed to be ready at noon, so we went out last minute souvenir shopping and whatnot.  Come back to the hotel at noon.  Rooms won't be ready for another two hours.  Two hours later.  (And keep in mind most everyone had not showered, because the boat bathroom was rather airplane bathroom-like, if you know what I mean)  So we went to lunch and came back.  The rooms weren't ready until like 4!!  It was terrible!  So i took a nap to refresh myself.  We had our last lecture.

He loves that pink shirt...
And had our last dinner.
The Ladies
The Last Supper
The dinner was probably our worst dinner.  And it was terribly sad.  I had made a family with these people in the last three weeks, and I didn't want to leave them and this beautiful country behind.  We all grabbed some booze and lived it up in the lobby of the Astor until the wee hours of the morning.  I went to bed at 1:30am and woke up at 2:30 am, so I could grab a taxi at 3:15am, so I could board the airplane at 6am.

My vacation was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment