Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 18-Goodbye Roula--I'll Drunk Call You One Day

Today we were visiting the Venetian and Ottoman monuments at Rethymnon. 

The Fortezza Castle
I like being in castles, they make me feel at home.
The Mosque of Sultan Ibrahim
Roula took us to the old Venetian port at Chania.  There we had free time to go shopping and get lunch.  I made a new friend while I was at lunch.

He likes to wear the eyeliner.
After we rounded everyone and got back to Crete we headed to a local bar to watch the Greek futbol game with some Greek people.  Greece lost and that was sad.  But what was even worse is that Roula left us during the game.  Left, as in, you're trip is ending, no more Roula.  She was my Greek mom, and I was really sad to see her go.  I asked for her phone number, knowing full well that I will probably call Roula at some really inappropriate moment.  But I don't think she'll mind, she likes me cuz I'm Greek.

I Love You Roula
If You Look Closely, You'll Notice That We Have The Same Wrinkle In Our Chin

No comments:

Post a Comment