Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 15-Every Day Should Begin With Waffles and Ice Cream

I literally think that everyday should begin with waffles and ice cream.  There was this place in the middle of Nauplion that had a sign for it!  So on our last morning in Nauplion before we headed out for the day, Dan and I decided to have them for breakfast.  Best idea EVER.  The rest of the day was absolutely amazing, all, I think, because of the waffles and ice cream.

We drove to the nearby town of Nemea, and of course we stopped at the museum first!

Columns At the Entrance to of the Tunnel That Leads to the Stadium
We took a nice sprint in the stadium.
A Fallen Column at the Temple of the Nemean Zeus
The Temple of the Nemean Zeus
To tell you the truth, everyone was pretty excited to get out of Nemea, because we were going wine tasting next, and that was REALLY exciting.  What was even more exciting is that at the Skouras Winery (where we went wine tasting) the spittoon had my name on it!! Spelled the right way! (which was I think the only time in Greece I saw my name spelled like that...) 

Destiny
Every winery needs a pony-tailed man.

We drank too much.  We bought too much.  And just as we were leaving the pony-tailed man called me into the back room and asked me about my last name.  Apparently the only Master of Wine in Greece has the name of Konstantinos Lazarakis.  Pony-tail gave me Lazarakis' wine book for free, which kinda made me feel like a celebrity.  We boarded the bus and headed to the ferry.  We were headed to Crete!!

No comments:

Post a Comment