Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 14-Epidaurus and The Asklepieion

Asklepius
We viewed the archaeological museum at the Asklepieion before walking the archaeological site. 


The un-traditional circular Tholos
The Actual Rooms People Stayed in Are Behind This
THE THEATRE OF EPIDAURUS!!!

Here is a pretty theatre.
Here is me standing in front of the pretty theatre.
Here is me doing my Phaedra monologue in the pretty theatre.
The theatron is huge!  And the acoustics in the theatre are absolutely perfect.  I wasn't using a level 1 voice and I could hear myself at the top of the house and encircling behind me as well.  It was a totally amazing experience being able to do a monologue there.  Way cool.


Everybody Loves A Nerd:

The Skene Building at Epidaurus

After a lecture at the top of the theatron we headed to another ancient theatre, simply called:


At this point I was still riding high from Epidaurus, and none of us had had anything to eat.  It was also very hot that day, and the second theatre was entirely in the sun.  We went back for a lazy rest-of-afternoon and just enjoyed Nauplion.

No comments:

Post a Comment